Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)
HCG is a hormone that is produced by the placenta and maximizes the functional capacity of the body’s control centers in the hypothalamus. That one center in the hypothalamus, “the fat bank”, controls the movement and distribution of fat throughout the body. HCG mobilizes abnormal fat and releases it as a source of energy and nutrients. Thus, small amounts of HCG have been shown to mobilize abnormal fat and make it available to the body as a source of energy and nutrients.
The HCG protocol calls for a 500 calorie per day diet. If someone were to start a 500 calorie per day diet without HCG, he or she would experience hunger, cravings, feelings of misery and a loss of structural fat and muscle mass. However, a 500 calorie per day diet on HCG, a patient typically loses up to one pound of abnormal fat per day. Each pound of fat contains approximately 3500 calories. If people lose one pound of abnormal fat in one day, that makes 3500 calories available to them. This gives patients access to adequate amounts of energy because the rest of the calories are generated internally through the breakdown of fat deposits (lipolysis). Therefore, the patient is not hungry and loses weight.
Weight Loss Protocol
Day one thru two you may eat high calorie, carbohydrate and fatty. Day three follow your HCG Diet instruction sheet through the end of your HCG.
- Administer up to 0.25CC HCG for 40 days,
- Place the patient on a calorie-restricted diet (500 calories per day).
- An apple, orange, one-half grapefruit or a handful of strawberries.
- One type of meat 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, turkey, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. Also low fat/no-fat cottage cheese and low fat/no-fat yogurt are allowed. All visible fat must be removed.
- One type of vegetable from the following: spinach, tomatoes, celery, beet-greens, chard, chicory, green salad, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.
- One type of bread: One breadstick or Melba toast.
- One type of Fruit: apple, orange, one-half grapefruit or a handful of strawberries.
- (Same as lunch)